To have and to hold: An exploration of contemporary orthodontic retention strategies
- Friday 19th May, 3:45 - 4:45
- This lecture is presented by: Robbie Lawson
This session will take place in: Room 2
- dentist, team, technician
Aims and objectives
• Outline the need and rationale for long-term retention
• Discuss pros and cons of fixed and removable retention options
• Discuss pitfalls of unsuitable retention approaches
• Outline simple and robust long-term retention strategies.
• Understand the maturational changes of the dentition
• Understand the pros and cons of different retainer types
• Appreciate modern approaches that will retain orthodontic results in the long term.
Return to timetable