Medical emergencies for the dental team
- Saturday 20th May, 2:15 - 3:15
- This lecture is presented by: Lezley Ann Walker , Liz Webster
This session will take place in: Room 1
- core cpd
- dentist, team
Aims and objectives
• To identify the type of medical emergencies which can occur in a dental setting
• Deliver the knowledge to manage these emergencies.
• Understand the A to E assessment approach and apply this when dealing with a deteriorating patient in a dental setting
• Be familiar with the drugs and the doses required for the management of medical emergencies
• Understand when it is appropriate to refer a patient to a higher level of care.
Return to timetable