Let’s Go Monomer Free: Poly(methyl methacrylate) Free Appliances
- Friday 19th May, 3:30 - 4:30
- This lecture is presented by: Paul Mallett
This session will take place in: Room 4
This presentation will highlight the possible problems and side effects associated with the use of Poly(methyl methacrylate) PMMA.
The lecture will then look at what is currently available on the market as a PMMA free alternative. The properties of each material will be identified.
Paul will identify and demonstrate practical applications for each of the PMMA-free materials identified that can be used in the orthodontic dental laboratory and in the wider dental technical specialties.
Learning aims and objectives
• To raise awareness of alternative materials to PMMA
• To raise awareness of possible adverse reactions to PMMA
• Present possible applications for each of the featured materials
• To provide practical applications for the featured PMMA-free materials
• Raise awareness of the range of materials available and how to get the best out of them in the dental laboratory.
• The delegate will have a greater understanding of the potential problems associated with the use of PMMA appliances
• The delegate will have a greater understanding and appreciation of multiple alternative PMMA-free materials options
• The delegate will have gained information about useful Techniques for the application of PMMA-free materials within the dental laboratory.
Return to timetable